The final stage of the Via Francígena takes you from the tip of the village of Montefiascone to Rome, the eternal city. On this ancient pilgrimage route you will find classic Italian landscapes in Lazio, and rural and pristine areas of Italy that many tourists do not usually visit.
From Montefiascone, you will have beautiful views of Lake Bolsena, which was formed in the crater of an ancient volcano. Continue your journey, and you will soon arrive at the thermal pools in Bagnaccio, where you can take a break and relax. Explore rivers, streams, waterfalls, and walk through the stunning and serene Sorbo Valley, where you'll see wild horses.
- Arrive in Rome through the Insugherata and Mount Mario parks
- Get to know the old town, the Roman amphitheatre and the place of worship, the Mithraem, in Sutri
- Discover Viterbo, the best preserved medieval village in the Lazio region
- Try an iced glass of Est!, Est!!, Est!!! wine, the most famous one in Montefiascone
- Explore Rome and its iconic monuments