Travel the northern half of the popular 'High Way 1'. About 70 km in a week on well-marked roads, shimmering peaks, shady forests and grasslands. The full north-south tour starts in the Italian South Tyrol and ends 140 kms later in Belluno.
Among the most famous mountains are Tofana to the west, Pomagagnon in the north, Cristallo in the northeast, Faloria and Sorapis to the east, and Becco di Mezzodi, Croda da Lago and Cinque Terre to the south.
Among the wonders in the north include the stunning Lake Prags, the magnificent views of the Marmolada mountain range, the poignant open-air World War I museum in Lagazuoi, and the expansive views from the Rifugio Nuvolau cliff.
Finish the northern stage after spending the night at the Rifugio Croda da Lago Palmieri, precisely by the lake, descending to the lower valley to spend the night in Cortina.
- Delight in the charm of authentic "rifugios" (Shelters) in your stay at the top of the mountains
- Walk through picturesque alpine scenery: grasslands, peaks and forests
- Enjoy a cold beer on the terrace while you watch the golden sunset
- Stay in traditional mountain huts in spectacular locations
- The great feeling of conquering the northern section. Next year, it will be the south!