This route will take you through the Bernese Highlands, one of the most iconic and spectacular landscapes in Switzerland and the world, framed by the well-known peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains, and more than 800 lakes.
In the Jungfrau region, you will find geological formations such as the Aletsch Glacier and the Thun and Brienz lakes. You can also explore the charming villages of Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren and Lauterbrunnen which, among its attractions, offer 260 km of slopes for skiing, snowboarding, carving or sledging.
This landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, takes you through extensive flowered meadows, mountain lakes and hanging glaciers. An unforgettable experience that you can live during incredible walks or on different types of public transport.
- Travel by rack railway to Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe that will give you unparalleled views.
- Climb the Sphinx, the highest situated building in Europe, at 3,571 m above sea level.
- James Bond fan? You will get to know the revolving restaurant that appears in the movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", located on Mount Schilthorn.
- If you're a fan of flora, explore the Schynige Platte Alpine Botanical Garden.
- Delight in local food such as the popular breakfast with rösti (recipe with potatoes) or apple strudel, a delicious apple dessert.
- Enjoy a refreshing swim in one of the crystal-clear lakes.