Your adventure through The Lake District will take you to the north-west of England where you'll find, precisely, 16 beautiful proglacial lakes surrounded by vast valleys and towering mountains, including the largest in the country: Scafell Pike.
In this area, also known for being the residence and source of inspiration for numerous artists, such as Beatrix Potter or William Wordsworth, you'll find the charming Lake District National Park, being the largest in England and home to Wastwater and Windermere, which respectively, are the deepest lake and the largest lake in the country.
- Discover Windermere, England's largest natural lake.
- Visit Bowness-On-Windermere with the award-winning Beatrix Potter World, which brings classic children's stories to life.
- Explore beautiful views of Ullswater and Grasmere.
- Visit Belle Isle, the largest island of the 18 forested islands on Windermere.
- Get to know one of Britain's oldest theatres, The Alhambra Theatre.