Tour the classic Italian Alta Via 1 in the east of The Dolomites, from the wonderful Lake Prags to Belluno, while staying in authentic mountain cabins.
It starts in South Tyrol with its distinctive Austrian atmosphere. Then head south along a meandering route under the spectacular mountain ranges that include the iconic 3,200 m peaks of Tofana, Lagazuoi, Pelo and the mythical Civetta. End this route 140 km later, in the charming village of Belluno.
The Dolomites rise dramatically around you while you delight in the warm Italian welcome, delicious pastas, excellent local wines and a unique atmosphere of the 'rifugi', one of the highlights on the Alta Via 1. You'll love the simple but pleasant cabin-to-cabin tour, relaxing at the end of the day in remote mountain accommodations, some built as far back as 1930.
- Walk along trails through the radiant peaks in The Dolomites.
- Enjoy warm hospitality and delicious Italian food in the historic mountain 'rifugios'.
- Visit the elegant village of Cortina before you start your journey.
- Listen to the call of the groundhog in the National Park of the Belluno Dolomites.
- Enjoy the feeling of completing one of the most typical long-distance routes in Europe.