Explore the Swiss village of Kandersteg, an Alpine gem located at 1,200 m in the Bernese Oberland, the highest region of the canton of Bern, located at the foot of the highest peaks of the Swiss Alps.
Explore Kandertal and its UNESCO World Heritage-listed treasures, such as the turquoise blue Lake Oeschinen and the Gasterntal Nature Valley, with its walking trails leading along the River Kander to the Kander Neve Glacier.
Immerse yourself among its traditional wood chalets, in the unique natural beauty of mountain pine forests, lush alpine roses and exotic edelweiss or snow flower, and on hillside tours with glaciers and steep mountains in the background, natural habitat of mountain goats, eagles, chamois and groundhogs.
- Explore the Bernese Alps and its natural paradise, in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
- Try the Zvieri Plättli, a dish with matured mountain cheese, smoked hard sausages, pickles and black bread.
- Enjoy the slopes for Nordic skiing, classic skiing and skating in the Kandertal Valley.
- Walk between the Blue Lake (Blausee) and the Gemmi Pass, through an extensive network of trails.
- You can practice bouldering or block climbing in Kandertal, or ice climbing in Kandersteg.