Discover the mythical mountainous Pelion Peninsula, located in Thessaly, in the central part of Greece, a lush mountain bordered by the Aegean Sea and adorned with traditional and picturesque villages, which have become charming beach destinations because of its turquoise bays.
Explore the traditional architecture of old houses with narrow windows and decorated walls, or Byzantine churches with wonderful wall paintings. Tour ancient fishing villages on the east coast, where we suggest you try their delicious seafood specialties.
Cross ancient trails and elevated mountain forests between the Aegean Sea and the Gulf of Volos, witnesses to various events of Greek mythology: abode of legendary centaurs, such as Chiron, the wise master of demigods and heroes, and scene from the first beauty contest between Thetis and Eris.
- Explore Pelion, a peninsula declared a new destination of cultural heritage by the National Hellenic Commission for UNESCO.
- Discover the picturesque village and beaches where some scenes from the film musical "Mamma Mia" were filmed.
- Visit the taverns and arhontikas, accommodation in old whitewashed half-timbered mansions.
- Explore the deep green forest trails and olive groves in the so-called "Land of the Centaurs".
- Try bean soup and spetzofai, a spicy blend of sausages and peppers.