This fascinating and classic 180 km coastal route on the Dingle Way Peninsula (the "Emerald Isle"), in south-west Ireland, will take you through the country's most impressive archaeological heritage.
Your tour of "the most beautiful place on earth," as described by the National Geographic Traveller, begins and ends in the town of Tralee, the capital of County Kerry, founded in the 12th century and renowned for being a tourist and industrial hub in Ireland.
Discover and explore the small villages on the peninsula, such as Dunquin, with its spectacular views of the Blasket and Dingle Islands, with its country paths and cosy thatched-roof pubs.
- Walk along Ireland's coastal routes and longest sandy beach.
- Walk around the numerous archaeological sites, witnesses to the presence of Vikings, amid amazing landscapes.
- Visit the port of Ventry & Pier, one of the deepest in Ireland.
- Explore the spectacular Ceann Sibéal Cape, the place where Star Wars was filmed.
- Travel on the road over Ireland's highest mountain pass, Connor Pass.