This stretch of the route, also known as the Camino de la Costa, will take you through beautiful coastal villages and mountain trails between the Basque Country and the Cantabria region.
In these 120 kilometres you will discover incredible landscapes that adorn the villages of Portugalete, Castro Urdiales, Liendo, Laredo, Noja, and Galizano, among others. You will get to know places full of history, culture and art, such as Bilbao, a beautiful metropolis that still preserves Basque traditions, or Santander, capital of Cantabria, which offers a variety of places full of cultural interest.
- Visit the Vizcaya Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Relax on a variety of beaches along the route: Arena, Brazomar, Berria, and Sardinero, among others.
- Explore the National Parks of the Santona, Victoria and Joyel Marshes.
- Travel by ferry across the Bay of Santander.
- Enjoy the incredible views of mountainous landscapes and the Cantabrian Sea.